In India, after completing higher education, numerous candidates decide to pursue research in their chosen field, some due to crave to understand the facts around us, some with a dream to add Dr. with their names, some for the perks of higher studies and many other reasons. However, research candidates in India, when compared with the international candidates, seems to require more inspiration and motivation in the future. Since, it is the research work that adds to the information base of a country and can be further used for the welfare and betterment of a nation economically, our researchers must be motivated and inspired on multiple level to pursue research.
Here are 16 quotes for researchers in India worth remembering that are sure to inspire the generation of young researchers to learn more about the different facts of world and motivate to deduce best results.
- “All I’m armed with is research.” –Mike Wallace
The quotation depicts the importance of research for a researcher as the deep studies will let you be armed with knowledge.
- “The more important reason is that the research itself provides an important long-run perspective on the issues that we face on a day-to-day basis.” –Ben Bernanke
Researcher can be inspired by the things which affect science of daily survival. This quote ignites the motivation to think out of box for researchers and let them deduct the best out of the research.
- “Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.” –Wernher von Braun
Research covers all the aspects, either known or unknown to reach the final verdict and researcher has to follow every and any path for the research. This quote will help you to understand that every fact you go after will give a result, no matter how many tines you try.
- “Research is formalised curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose.” –Zora Neale Hurston
Every researcher follows a purpose with a curiosity to go till the last to unleash the vast world of knowledge to the world. This quote here motivates the researcher to poke every fact and theory which passes by during the research to get the best result.
- “I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.” –Bill Gates
One of the most fascinating aspects of research is that it always innovates new ideas and techniques for betterment of world. The quote here focus on the importance of funding the research via many ways while collecting the basic facts.
- “Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.” –Albert Szent Gyorgyi
Researchers will discover new facts as they take each steps further to scrutinise all the data already discovered before by previous researchers. Here, researchers are motivated to see the unseen, hidden facts and generate a different insight of knowledge.
- “If you steal from one author it’s plagiarism, if you steal from many its research” – Wilson Mizner
All research work is based on evaluation of qualitative or quantitative research methodology which is actually the currently present data about the subjects included. Hereby, researchers are motivated to go through all the data that can be gathered via different modes without hesitating.
- “You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.”- Galileo
This quote enforces the fact thar there is a lot of inspiration out there for researchers, and also a broad range of ways it can be applied to discover one’s own series of truth and facts which might change how the world functions.
- “A research journal serves that narrow borderland which separates the known from the unknown.” – Prasanta Mahalanobis
The practice of gathering data, analysing it and generating insight is the process to separate the known from the unknowns and should be applied by researcher in a staggering variety of setting for the accomplishment of result by researcher.
- “A research problem is not solved by apparatus; it is solved in a man’s head.”-Charles F. Kettering
This quote inspires and motivates researchers to go beyond the limit of imagination one can have and trust the instincts of own mind over the already published facts to get the answer.
- “Even in science the object of research is no longer nature itself, but man’s investigation of nature. “-Werner Heisenberg
All researcher must explore all multitude of applications of the topic while investigating its impact on nature as the research draws not only on the range of subject matter but also on the perception of researcher to improve and better the practice.
- “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?”-Albert Einstein
Here, this quote implies that researcher must be supported and encouraged even if the way is unknown. Any curiosity to know the unknowns would be called a research step that can guide the researcher to facilitate the future research.
- “If necessity is the mother of invention, scientifically developed production is the mother of scientific research.”- Arthur Edwin Kennelly
This quote reminds the researcher that every research is surrounded by multiple operations, drawing on different ideas that improve insight of researcher with each step forward, miscellaneous process, communications at deep-lobed level and more. One must never underestimate the value of production in a research.
- “In much of society, research means to investigate something you do not know or understand. ” –Neil Armstrong
It is important to remember for a researcher that research always initiate with an unknown concept, which further should entice the researcher to go beyond capabilities, unleashing the best result.
- “The valuable attributes of research men are conscious ignorance and active curiosity. “-Willis R. Whitney
The quote values the significance of active curiosity, any researcher must have inside to unleash different facts and theories about the research topic and also, the conscious ignorance must act as a valuable attribute for any researcher.
- “What is research but a blind date with knowledge?” – Will Harvey
While walking towards the theoretical aspects of any research, the researcher never knows what might come across and change the whole concept. The quote tells you to be ready for any surprises and then researcher must enjoy the up and down of the research.
The researchers must not give up and keep up the inspiration and motivational level high while collaborating with the vast source of knowledge to deduce the best result.
Best of luck !
“Just as the largest library, badly arranged, is not so useful as a very moderate one that is well arranged, so the greatest amount of knowledge, if not elaborated by our own thoughts, is worth much less than a far smaller volume that has been abundantly and repeatedly thought over.” – Arthur Schopenhauer