1. An operating system supports a paged virtual memory, using a central processor with a cycle time of one microsecond. It costs an additional one microsecond to access a page other than the current one. Pages have 1000 words, and the paging device is a drum that rotates at 3000 revolutions per minute and transfers one million words per second. Further, one percent of all instructions executed accessed a page other than the current page. The instruction that accessed another page, 80% accessed a page already in memory and when a new page was required, the replaced page was modified 50% of the time. What is the effective access time on this system, assuming that the system is running only one process and the processor is idle during drum transfers ?
2. Assuming that the disk head is located initially at 32, find the number of disk moves required with FCFS if the disk queue of I/O block requests are 98, 37, 14, 124, 65, 67
3. A job has four pages A, B, C, D and the main memory has two page frames only. The job needs to process its pages in following order:
Assuming that a page interrupt occurs when a new page is brought in the main memory, irrespective of whether the page is swapped out or not. The number of page interrupts in FIFO and LRU page replacement algorithms are
4. A file is downloaded in a home computer using a 56 kbps MODEM connected to an Internet Service Provider. If the download of file completes in 2 minutes, what is the maximum size of data downloaded?
5. A Trojan horse is
6. The problem of indefinite blockage of low-priority jobs in general priority scheduling algorithm can be solved using
7. Which of the following is not typically a benefit of dynamic linking?
8. An ER Model includes
9. What is Granularity?
10. Consider the following four schedules due to three transactions (indicated by the subscript) using read and write on a data item X, denoted by r(X) and w(X) respectively. Which one of them is conflict serializable?
S1 : r1(X); r2(X); w1(X); r3(X); w2(X)
S2 : r2(X); r1(X); w2(X); r3(X); w1(X)
S3 : r3(X); r2(X); r1(X); w2(X); w1(X)
S4 : r2(X); w2(X); r3(X); r1(X); w1(X)
[…]that could be the finish of this article. Right here you will come across some web-sites that we consider you will appreciate, just click the links over[…]
You must be logged in to post a comment.